Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

09/27/2012



                                                                  ARSENIC IN RICE

Hello Everyone:

I was watching the show today The Doctors and I was half listening half doing chores in my house when suddenly my ears tuned  in fully. I said to myself ,   did I hear right one of the doctors was saying there is an alarming high  rate of Arsenic in Rice.  They say that Brown Rice is higher then White Rice
They say that the White Rice is bleached out the Brown Rice it stays in. There is still some levels of Arsenic in the White Rice just not as high.
They say the California  made Rice is lower levels of Arsenic  then the South Eastern Brand Rice

The FDA is not saying to stop eating Brown or White Rice but to lower the amount of Rice you eat.  They say to eat 1 to 2 servings per week.

This is particularly bad if you have our condition Celiac Disease with all the products that have Rice in it.

I have gone the more natural way of eating not eating Gluten Free Products just fruits vegetables  but still I was eating a lot of Brown Rice for me that will now be out.  I figure that if I  hear that something has some type of poison or something unnatural in it then it goes since there are probably a lot of other foods that I do not know about that are also hurting me.  If I can wade out the bad foods or the harmful foods and replace them with foods that have good fiber count and good nutrition that I have not heard anything bad about then this is a good approach to have for my diet

I am very concerned about this information with Arsenic in Brown & White   Rice .  I have got to get a blood test for my Type 1 Diabetes this week and I am going to ask my doctor to put an extra test  a blood test for levels of Arsenic

Thank you

Ellen Gaffney
thegcats@comcast.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment